Bind-It Home Isolation Kit
For safe self isolation following RAI therapy
Once you have taken your Radioactive Iodine dose, your thyroid absorbs as much as it is capable of. The excess will be eliminated from your body over the next few days, and for an extended period in smaller amounts as it cycles through your thyroid. Your body releases the Radioactive Iodine through urine, feces, sweat, saliva even your breath.
Second hand exposure to radioactive iodine is a real concern. The Bind-It Home Isolation Kit gives you the essential items you need to protect your family and make your area safe after your isolation period is over. We have carefully chosen all the items to minimize the dangers of radioactive iodine exposure to loved ones. When used properly along with the guidelines provided, you can rest assured that you are doing everything possible to minimize the dangers of radioactive iodine exposure to others.
Available on backorder
The Bind-It Home Isolation Kit has everything you need to safely isolate at home after radioactive iodine therapy.
- 5 Gallon Bucket – for cleaning clothing, bed sheets etc.
- Yellow Trash bag – for storing your “decay items”. The color reminds you that it is radioactive. Just put a date on it and store somewhere safe for 90 days. Then it will be safe to put into the trash.
- Leak proof mattress protector (queen) – Keep your mattress free of radioactive iodine from perspiration and breath. Your bedding will become your most contaminated items in your room.
- Leak proof pillow protector – Protect your pillow (one of the most contaminated items in your isolation room), from contamination from sweat and breath.
- Disposable Slippers – Protect your floors and carpets. Hospitals with isolation rooms, tell us that patients not wearing slippers cause radioactive footprints.
- Assorted zipper baggies – for protecting your phone, remote control, tablet and other small items.
- Water Bottle with filter – You need to drink lots of water. With a built in filter, you can turn your bathroom sink water into perfect drinking water.
- Disposable tooth brush – Once your isolation is over, put it into your yellow decay bag
- Disposable toilet cleaning brush – once your isolation is over, put it into your yellow decay bag.
- Scrub brush – Some areas will be hard to clean, like tile grout or hard water stains. Once your isolation room is cleaned, put it into your yellow decay bag.
- Radiation warning sticker – Place this on the door to your isolation area to remind everyone not to come in. Safety first.
- Sour hard candies – These great tasting sour lemon candies will help you salivate. This helps protect your taste buds and salivary glands from the side effects of RAI treatment.
- Bind-It Patient Care Pack – to regularly wash your hands to reduce the contamination, and to clean up your isolation room after your quarantine is over. Make your room safe for the rest of the family to enter.
- Paper towels – for cleaning with Bind-It ready to use Spray. Put used paper towels into the yellow decay bag.
Second hand exposure to radioactive iodine is a real concern. The Bind-It Home Isolation Kit gives you all the essential items you need to protect your family. Make your isolation area safe after your isolation period is over. Use the Bind-It Home Isolation Kit for the ultimate protection.